Tuesday, March 27, 2007

14 Days down; How many to go?

We have now completed the 14 days of baby house visits required by law, and will submit paperwork to the court tomorrow to formally apply for the adoption. Woo Hoo!!! This morning we took a short trip to the “Fee Office.” This is where one goes to get a form which then allows you to pay other fees…to the court etc. Not sure why receipts alone aren’t sufficient, but I guess this is a tracking process.


And we’ve also hit the famous wall. Similar to the Boston Marathon, we’re in the midst of things, with the finish line not yet in sight, and the terrain all looking the same (maybe at Newton?). Now neither of us are runners, but we can clearly feel the approaching pain of Heartbreak Hill – except that’s about ¾ the way through things, and we aren’t at that point yet. This is the point where the novelty has worn off, the exotic nature of things isn’t cutting it and you just want your own home. We just found what we thought was an English Language channel, only to realized it’s that the dubbing is delayed by about 10 seconds. Ugh.


OK – I’m getting out the cheese to go with that whine. On to the reason you (and we) came here.

More playing, more drooling, a little piano playing…a standard day in the Dolphin house. Nicholas got lost in a sea of primary colored balls in the pit…a little “Where’s Waldo?”




Then he decided to use one of the little rolling seats to pull himself upright – much pride at that (see above), before making a break for it…see the action shot! As has become customary, the visit ended with a mini-melt down followed by the pacifier and some quiet time.


Here is Nicholas completely ignoring Mommy and the kittie’s whiskers in favor of Daddy and the camera – a true 21st century boy.

As for the piano – Jim said it was horribly out of tune, and it certainly hurt my ears, but all the kiddies seemed to enjoy it. If I can get things working, I’ll put up the video a bit later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations about starting the next step! Hang in there -- we're all thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way for minimal paperwork and the eventual trip home with your beautiful boy. I read your postings every day and look forward to the pictures. I've even gotten my friends checking the site! They think (correctly) that Nicholas is the cutest baby ever. Lots of love to all three of you!

Barbara & Ghillie said...

Yes, hitting the wall is not fun. Take a sip of gatorade, look for friendly faces in the crowd and know that the finish line will have all your fans and family cheering for you!

Anonymous said...

03-27-07

Dear Nan, Jim and little Nicholas,

I don't know if my written comments are reaching you on the planet you are currently inhabitating! Hopefully I'm following the correct procedures. You know how bad my computer skills are******

Every day I love reading your well written updates. I must confess though, the pictures are my favorite. What an adorable and lovely family all of you make.

Nan, we were in Clinton, CN last Sat. (the JoAnn Fabric store, Shaws Supermarket & West Marine). We were working on the boat at the marina and needed to run a couple of errands.

We can't wait for your return to Boston. At this point you must be home sick and missing everything about Boston. Too bad SPW can't come with you for your first return trip. Talk about having mixed emotions! Yuck...

I have a question. What is with the white "doo rag" you are each wearing in one of the pictures? Was it a bad hair day for both of you or just a personal fashion statement****!!!!!######

Stay well.
Love, "The Fenway Franks"