Other thoughts on TV shows here:
- Animal Planet works in almost any language, and so far we’ve seen Meerkat Manor in English (Bill Nighy narrating) and Russian (you can still understand “Mozart,” “Shakespeare” and “Flower”)
- Many voice-overs ignore the fact that there are multiple speakers – same V/O person regardless of character or gender
Check out Mr. Rally Cap! This is how we were greeted today on arrival at the baby house. The boy’s already getting into the swing of things!
We did a little more cruising and speed crawling today. Nicholas was the only one on the loose, and he seemed intent on showing all the girls what he could do. Some of them were watching carefully; others were ignoring him in favor of rattles and squeaky toys. Oh well, he’d better get used to fickle women at an early age!
After another round of playing “examining Daddy’s face and glasses” it was on to the new game of “getting into Mommy’s bag.” Sorry kid, no car keys for you.
Then we had the new and humiliating experience of trying to feed a child who REALLY wanted his snack, in front of the caregivers who were trying hard to hide their grins at my ineptitude. Not only are you taking on a new challenge, it comes with a new costume. I think I should get points for the fact that I’ve never had to feed a child bread in warm milk with a tablespoon. Yes, I said tablespoon – it was like feeding a rabbit with a wheelbarrow!
The final shot of the day is the peaceful child with the binkie – about to fall asleep.
Our plans for the rest of the day are to follow suit! Nap, followed by "A Beautiful Mind."
Someone asked size info. Nicholas is currently about 17lbs, and 26" tall, but keep in mind that he won't be home in Boston for almost 2 months and will then probably start growing rapidly.




5 comments:
love the babushka! He'll be feeding himself soon enough-lock the fridge in 15 years!
Is there kaz Idol?
Dancing with the Stars??
Will you be able to take Nicholas out for a jaunt? Or are you being teated on your feeding skills first? It's so much easier in a highchair.
Glad to hear Nicholas is motoring around, that means lots of baby gates when you get home.
Did some shopping today in Milwaukee so Nicholas will be quite the well dressed baby. Can't wait until you all come home.
Love the new hair style!!!
Two months before you are all home? I guess I forgot the details of this whole process. Remind me again of the dates of coming and going, when you have a minute. I will look for clothing for a bigger child!
I do like the image of rabbits and wheelbarrows.
Nan, you'll get better on the feeding with practice! My son loved crushed biscuits in milk for the longest time.
Nicholas looks absolutely fabulous.
From Arkalyk, KZ (warming up, lots of water, slush, ice & mud)
Post a Comment